Education Cabinet Secretary George Magoha has addressed concerns raised by parents over the reopening dates for the next academic term.
On Thursday, September 1, while visiting the construction and progress of the CBC classrooms in Nairobi, Magoha stated that the government will continue to fund all educational activities in schools despite the new dates being unclear.
“I have been briefed that whenever the new term begins, the last stretch of government funds will be distributed,” he said.
The CS also urged parents to focus on preparing their children for the national exams scheduled for November 2022.
Notably, he highlighted that despite the ongoing election-related processes in the country, the ministry is prepared to administer the national exams.
“All measures have been put in place to guarantee smooth operations. As we speak, the last assessment for the Grade 6 pupils is ongoing until September 9,” he explained.
Concerning the CBC curriculum and the transition of Grade 6 learners to Junior Secondary Schools, Magoha had earlier extended the period set for learners to select schools from August 30 to September 10.
According to the CS, the concluded August 9 general elections and the consequent activities necessitated the postponement.
“We have had hiccups and expect more in other areas. So as the government, we have decided to extend the final school selection with 10 more days,” Magoha said.