Here is the official diploma upgrading calender with Slight Changes.
Term Opening Closing Duration*
Term 1 4th October 2021 23rd December 2021 12 weeks
Holiday 23rd December 2021 3rd January 2022 1 week
Term 2 3rd January 2022 8th April 2022 14 weeks
Holiday 8th April 2022 29th April 2022 3 weeks
Term 3 3rd May 2022 5th August 2022 14 weeks
Holiday 6th August 2022 25th September 2022 7 weeks
Term 4 26th September 2022 25th November 2022 9 week practicum
*For P1 teachers who want to upgrade to Diploma Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) they must meet the following requirements;*
1. The applicant must possess a valid PTE Certificate
2. The applicant must be registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
3. The duration of the course shall be 1500 Hours.
4. The Course shall be fully residential.
5. The trainee shall take all courses specified in the upgrading programme of Diploma in Primary Teacher Education
6. The trainees shall undertake a Teaching Practicum of 300 Hours.
7. To be awarded the Diploma, the trainee must complete the required hours for Course Work and the stipulated assessment by the Kenya National Examination Council.
8. Applicants shall be required to produce evidence of adherence to positive morals and good behavior