Popular matatu Sacco, Metro Trans East Africa Limited, has announced mass recruitment around Nairobi and its environs for competent drivers and conductors.
According to a notice posted by the Sacco on Tuesday 4th October, interested applicants were encouraged to submit copies of their testimonials by or before Friday 18th October 2022 5:00pm at their offices located at 7th Floor, Tembo Cooperative House, Moi Avenue in Nairobi.
Basic requirements for drivers:
1) Valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
2) Valid Driving License with classes D1, D2 and D3 duly endorsed. D1 category enables one to drive a van with a maximum of 14 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 22-65 years.
– D2 category enables one to drive a van with a bus with 14 to 32 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 25-65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D1.
– D3 category enables one to drive a bus with 33 or more passengers whereby the age requirement is between 30- 65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D2. The drivers are required to undergo training and retesting for Category D3.
3) Copy of ID
4) KRA Pin Certificate
5) National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
6) National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
7) Two passport size photos
Ksh1,200/- PSV BADGE fees (Paid to the National Transport and Safety Authority-NTSA)
9) Ksh2,800/- for 2 branded shirts and 1 branded sweater
10) Recommendation letter from previous employer
11) Reference letter from residential area chief/sub-chief.
The Sacco has been in operation for over eleven years and currently operates a number of Public Service Vehicles (PSVs) including 51 seater, 33-seater and 14 seater matatus.