As many first year students prepare to be admitted in Universities and colleges, many of them are not sure which documents and items are needed once they get to their institution of Higher learning .
Many students become confused on the eve of reporting and admission and may occasionally forget to carry crucial documents intended to expedite their admissions process . In this article, we’ll examine the essential documents and other items you’ll need on admissions day and throughout your time in campus.
Some of the items that we are going to list in this document, there is no officer who is going to check to ascertain that the documents and items are available apart from those documents you must carry for purposes of registration.
ADMISSION VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS YOU MUST CARRY
Copy Of Birth Certificate
Copy Of Educational Certificate (Both KCSE And KCPE)
Bank Fee Payment Sleep
As much as the university you have been admitted offers accommodation for all the first year students, they don’t offer you with the beddings.
Therefore this means that you have to carry the items together with you for your safety.
The following items are necessary for your own good.
Blankets, Duvet and Pillows are very important. Choose these items wisely depending on the prevailing whether in your campus location since some parts of the country are warm, hot or cold.
– High Density Mattress. Make sure you carry one if you intend to stay outside campus, otherwise, you will be provided with the mattress once you are given accommodation.
TYPES OF CLOTHING YOU SHOULD CARRY
In campus, none will restrict you on the type of clothing you should put on. Therefore, its your choice to carry any of the clothes that you deem fit for you. The following below are clothing that one needs to have in his/her wardrobe;
1. Casual Clothes- This may include but not limited to; T-shirts, Shirts, Pullovers, Skirts, Jumpers, Trousers, Jackets, etc. Make sure that in your wardrobe, you don’t miss jeans and Khaki Trousers and even seat pants since they are trendy among the university students.
2. Underwear Pants- I recommend that you buy the latest fashion of under wears like VIP which will accord you respect even if they are tucked outside.
3. Socks- Carry more pairs of socks to avoid repeating on the same socks which will make your feet smelly.
4. Bras for ladies
5. Slippers – If you are intending to stay outside school, you may need to buy two pairs of slippers. This will cater for a friend who may come to visit you in your house, either your boyfriend or girlfriend.
6. Shoes – Make sure that you carry a good number of shoes. This will save your pairs of shoes from getting worn out easily. Carry the latest fashion of shoes like boots, the official wear, and even the latest fashion of sneakers. This will make you trendy and will even give an upper hand of winning souls if you are a man.
Toothbrush and Toothpaste
2. Bathing Soap, choose the one with the sweetest fragrance
3. Washing soap and powder, both the soapy and soap less detergents.
5. Tissue Rolls
6. Sanitary Towels for ladies
7. Washing Buckets
8. Hair Comb
9. Hand Mirror
10. Shower Cap for ladies
PENS AND PENCILS
EXERCISE BOOKS FOR COPYING NOTES ( At least five)
Laptop or Desktop for your research and assignments
Smartphone and charger for communication purposes and getting connected with your colleagues on your class WhatsApp groups.
Headphones for entertainment. In campus if you listen music on loud speaker, you are deemed primitive
OTHER ITEMS TO CARRY
1.Travelling Bag for carrying books, laptop and other items when going to class
2. Umbrella for sheltering during rainy season
N/B :The above items are very important but one should not carry all the items right from home since you will have a heavy baggage. Therefore, its advisable to buy all some of these items once you get to school.