The Government has been in forefront in building schools and employing thousands of teachers to teach students and assess them.
Unfortunately, some students have been arrested by police officers after participating in burning and destroying their own schools.
These cases should be condemned and all stakeholders should come together and solve this problem which has been witnessed in several schools now.
Many boarding schools have been affected as some innocent students have been forced to stay away from school due to indefinite closure of schools.
The following Schools have been so far witnessed fire cases.
1. Buruburu Girls High School.
2. Kanjuri High School in Nyeri County.
3. Ofafa Jericho in Nairobi County.
4. Namboboto Secondary School from Busia9. Kijabe Boys High School from Kiambu County.
10. Mbugiti Boys High School from Murang’a County.
11. Kahuhia Girls National School from Murang’a County.
12 . Moi High School Kabarak from Nakuru County.
13. Kibirigwi Girls Highschool From Kirinyaga county.
14 .Amabuko Secondary School from Kisii County.
15. Kipkabus Boys High School.
16. Kakamega Secondary School from Kakamega County.
17. Amasago Boys Secondary from Kisii County.
18. Kiriani Boys High school from Tharaka Nithi County.
19 .Muthambi Boys High school from Tharaka Nithi county.
20 .St John Nyamagwa Boys High School from Kisii County.
30. Nyamira boys high school in Nyamira county
So far more than 30 schools have been damaged in the country by fire incidences. Today Garissa, Maranda have torched their schools dormitories.
My personal Opinion As An Educationist
All secondary school students in the country should be sent home early enough instead of waiting until 23rd December so as to reduce this pressure in the country.
I urge the CS George Magoha to send all students home as soon as possible and save other schools instead of waiting for the official ministry of Education closing date.
The longer we wait for closing date then more schools will definitely become destroyed by students as they seem to be tired of being in school
This will reduce parents burden as other schools have started issuing new guidelines as students are encouraged to report back to school with money to cater for damages and other expenses. Plans are so far in place to see the possibility of closing the schools early. We will keep updating you about the same.
Do you think that the government should close the schools immediately to help curb this unbecoming rampant problem??Share your opinion with us in the comments section and we’ll appreciate.