The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) established two promotional grades for primary school deputy heads. Deputy headteacher II (T-Scale 9) and Deputy headteacher I (T-Scale 10) are the two grades. This is stated in the 2018 Career Progression Guidelines Circular.
The Deputy Headteacher II (T- Scale 9) is a promoting grade for institutional administrators in primary schools, according to the circular. The head teacher will be reported to by the deputy head teacher II. He or she will be expected to understand the development and execution of curriculum, educational policies, and programs.
While Deputy Headteacher I (T-Scale 10), is a promoting grade for primary school institutional administrators.Will be reporting to the head teacher as the deputy head teacher. He or she must be familiar with the development and implementation of curriculum, education policies, and programs.
Deputy Head Teacher II
For appointment to this grade, a teacher must:
- Have served as Senior Teacher I T- Scale 8 for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Have at least a Diploma in Special Needs Education (in the area of specialty indicated)
- Have a satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal
- Have demonstrated the ability to supervise, mentor, and provide professional support to other teachers;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
- Meet any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
Candidates who are successful in the interviews must provide valid Chapter 6 documents before being considered for appointment.
Candidates chosen must produce the following documents, all of which must be valid:
- Letter of appointment to the current grade
- Letter of appointment/deployment to the current responsibility
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance application from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference bureau